OWN THE ROAD WITH THE SWITCHBLADE TURBO
You told us you wanted more power, more performance and more fun – we heard you loud and clear! Big Rig Power is excited to have added the Switchblade to our Own The Road product line. Developed by Blaylock Turbochargers, the Switchblade is a VGT that has the convenience of spooling up like a small turbo that can open up like a large turbo.
HOW DOES IT WORK
The vane in the Switchblade makes it take off like a small A/R turbine housing (8 psi) and then opens at a pre-set boost pressure, making it perform like a significant turbine housing. This patented technology replaces stock configurations with a larger turbo while reducing the time required to generate boost under low flow conditions. By doing this, the Switchblade significantly increases engine efficiency, flow, lower EGT’s and performance.
SWITCHBLADE VS. OEM ELECTRONIC VGT TURBOS
The Switchblade system overcomes several complications we see with VGT turbos by eliminating a large number of moving parts and reducing it to an externally actuated single blade. The blade is entrained in the exhaust system (hot side) and attached to a solid shaft, making it nearly impossible for the system to become stuck or fouled by carbon deposits.
The Switchblade can be adapted to fit almost any application, providing the benefits of VGT performance without the maintenance and electrical concerns of OEM stock turbos.
- Starts to Spool up at 8lbs (Better Low-End Boost). No Turbo Lag.
- Cuts Down Smoke Through Stacks, More Air Flow.
- Vein Opens and Closes Between Shifts Which Changes the A/R Ratio on the Compressor Side
- Air Actuator and Turbo Combination is Self-Contained.
- Re-enforced T6 Turbo Flange Fit for Most Aftermarket Exhaust Manifolds.
- Hot side/exhaust ceramic and nickel coated for better heat dissipation.