Heavy Duty Mechanic
Permanent Full Time
Big Rig Power develops, sells and installs advanced and proven products that bring new levels of economy and performance to heavy-duty diesel trucks and equipment and requires an employee to join our team.
Are you looking for a challenging position where you can grow and be part of a fun, dynamic team? Are you a natural people person who loves to be the face of the company?
We are looking for a heavy duty diesel engine technician/mechanic, preferably red seal certified, to join us on a full time, permanent basis.
The successful candidate will work with integrity and respect to exceed our customer’s expectations while maintaining a positive and professional relationship with co-workers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose equipment problems
- Work with shop management to maintain schedules and priorities
- Follow procedures and guidelines as established by Big Rig Power
- Complete all documentation associated with equipment repairs
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment
- Suggest areas for additional training and assist with training of apprentices
- Have basic tool requirements as established by Big Rig Power
- Journeyman Mechanic Ticket (Heavy Duty)
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- 2 – 5 years related experience desired
- Valid Driver’s License (Class 3 preferably)
- CVIP (Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program) License is an asset
- Exposure to working on diesel engines
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read, operate and comprehend diagnostic and manual measuring tools including micrometers, brake drum gauge, Ohmmeters and AVR (Amps, Volts & Resistors) in English
- Ability to read and understand parts and service manuals in English
- Competent with computer equipment
Big Rig Power is committed to our employees and to maintaining our strong corporate culture.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted